Making Science Group, S.L.U. (hereinafter, “MAKING SCIENCE”) hereby informs you about the use of data storage and recovery devices on the terminal equipment of the Users.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are files which are downloaded to and stored in the User’s computer/smartphone/tablet whenever the User enters certain web pages. They enable the Website to remember browsing preferences and improve navigation by making the interaction between the User and the Website faster and simpler.
Information collected by cookies is anonymous and does not contain sensible data, as cookies do not collect data which may identify the User. In any event, the User may access his/her browser’s settings in order to modify and/or block the installation of Cookies sent from the Website, without this preventing access to the content thereof.
Cookies make it possible to recognize the User’s browser and the type of device from which he/she is entering the site and are used to facilitate the next visit and increase the usefulness of the Website.
- Optimize the User’s navigation by monitoring the browsing session.
- Compile information in order to optimize navigation and improve the Website.
3. Types of cookies used on the Website
The Website uses the following types of cookies:
Mandatory cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide the services or content requested by the user. They are responsible for technical aspects, such as identifying registers and managing tool preferences in connection with the use, interaction and access location.
Functional cookies: These cookies provide the user with information which helps to improve navigation, e.g., showing the weather forecast based on the location of the User.
Statistical/analytical cookies: These cookies collect information regarding the use of the web page, such as time spent on the page and content visited, in order to measure its performance and improve navigation.
The main purposes of this type of cookies are:
- To enable the anonymous identification of the browsing Users and count the number of visitors.
- To identify the most visited content.
- To learn if the User is entering the webpage for the first time or for successive times.
Find below a description of analytical cookies used on the Website:
|_ga||Distinguir usuarios||2 años|
|_gid||Distinguir usuarios||24 horas|
|_gat||Regular la tasa de solicitud.||1 minuto|
4. How to disable cookies
Non-mandatory cookies may be disabled by adjusting the “Settings of Cookies”.
Said settings are located at the bottom of the Website. Furthermore, all browsers may be modified to disable the cookies configuration.
This is why most browsers offer the possibility to administer cookies: in order to allow for a more accurate control of privacy.
Said settings may be located in the “options” or “preferences” section of the browser’s menu.
Find below links to disable cookies on each browser:
Internet Explorer (https://goo.gl/iU2wh2)
- In the tool’s menu, select “Internet options”.
- Click on the privacy tab.
- You may configure privacy with a six-position cursor which enables you to control the cookies which will be installed: Block all cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low and Accept all cookies.
Mozilla Firefox (http://goo.gl/QXWYmv)
- Click the Tools menus at the top of the Firefox window.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- You may choose Use a customized configuration of your browsing history and other options related to your privacy.
Google Chrome (http://goo.gl/fQnkSB)
- Click on the menu located on the toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Show advanced options.
- In the “Privacy” selection, click on the Content Settings button.
- You may configure the options in the Cookies selection.
Safari (https://goo.gl/PCjEm3, https://goo.gl/dQywEo)
- Select the “Preferences” option in the settings menu.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Select the desired option in the “block cookies” section.
- Remember that you may not be able to use certain functions of the Website after disabling cookies.
If you do not wish to be tracked by cookies, Google has developed a complement which may be installed on your browser. Find it here: http://goo.gl/up4ND.
5. Cookies on mobile devices
Cookies which are not mandatory to navigate this Website may be disabled by entering “Settings of Cookies”.
These settings are located at the bottom of the Website. Furthermore, as in the case of computer browsers, it is possible to disable or eliminate cookies by changing the options or settings in mobile device browsers.
If you wish to change the privacy options follow the instructions of the developer of your mobile device browser.
Find below a few examples of links you may use to modify privacy options on your mobile device:
- IOS: (http://goo.gl/61xevS)
- Windows Phone: (https://goo.gl/tKyb0y)
- Chrome Mobile: (http://goo.gl/XJp7N)
- Opera Mobile: (http://goo.gl/Nzr8s7)
6. Acceptance of cookies
This Website does not install cookies on the Users’ devices prior to acceptance thereof by the Users.
We hereby inform you that if you reject the installation of cookies or disable these in your browser settings, certain services may not be available to you and therefore you may not be able to gain access to certain services and/or make full use of this Website.