- Making Science is a leading digital marketing and technology consulting firm, that is listed in the Madrid Stock Exchange. We are currently expanding our operations internationally, and our offices are located in Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Lisboa, París, Mexico City, Milan, and Dublin. We are a company that specializes in providing comprehensive marketing and technological solutions for digital businesses. Our team is composed of more than 300 digital native professionals, who have a wide knowledge in the different stages and disciplines of the digital transformation: Digital Strategy, Infrastructures, Software Development, Creativity and UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing, and Big Data.
- Making Science is People Centric, and we actively bet on our employees! We believe that they are the key to any successful business, and therefore, our greatest asset. We strive to provide daily learning opportunities for those who work with us and their colleagues. It is also really important that they enjoy what they do, and have positive experiences. We want our employees to feel proud of their accomplishments, and that they belong to a company that is in constant growth, because each person’s contribution is essential to achieve our success. Do you want to be part of this great family?
Some details about your department
- Making Science's Finance Department is composed of a group of professionals eager to grow and contribute to the company's development. We are aware that we work in an ambitious company that is constantly changing and evolving. Therefore, our management techniques mirror these circumstances. We are flexible and open-minded, but also pragmatic and demanding with ourselves and others. Our excellent work environment fosters the integration of people, and our aspirations of growing as professionals. In Making Science's Finance Department, you set your own limits.
What we’d like you to do:
He/She is mainly dedicated to internal information production and business analysis. He/She reports directly to the International Controlling Manager, and is in constant contact with Corporate Functions (FP&A, Accounting & Consolidation and Treasury &Risk) as well as with local Finance teams.
This position requires you to travel 50% of the time.
Her/His main responsibilities are:
- Deal with overseas offices on a daily basis
- Coordinate Financial Information for international subsidiaries
- Ensure timely completion and accuracy of all financial statements and other
- Proceed relevant reviews of accounts following the Group´s rules and the
International Accounting Standards (IFRS, US GAAP).
- Identify and resolve accounting and control issues
- Audit internal processes in order to improve the speed and accuracy of a monthly
- Participate actively in budgeting and forecasting
- Achieve budget/forecasts objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing
variances; initiating corrective actions
- Analyze performance and make fact-based recommendations to improve operating
efficiency and effectiveness, projects profitability
- Customize reporting tools in response to the Management needs, while driving
standardization and automation
- Identify cost savings and productivity opportunities
- Interface with auditors
- Control over all Inter- Company transactions and establish a solid and reliable
process to keep track on them
What we’d like you to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2-3 years of experience in multinational environments in
- Very strong computer skills, particularly with Excel
- Excellent analytical, forecasting and budgeting skills
- Ability to prepare powerful finance presentations
- Fluent in English and Spanish and other foreign language would be a plus
- Desired experience: SAP (S4/Hana), Google queries, E-commerce; Transfer Pricing
- Curious, a quick learner and open minded
- Open for travelling and enthusiastic about different cultures
Perks of joining us
- We give you complete stability with an indefinite job contract.
- We offer a fixed salary according to your worth and experience, plus a performance based bonus.
- Get the most out of your salary with our Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant Ticket, Transportation Ticket, Day Care Ticket, and Medical Insurance).
- Do you know someone that fits in Making Science? Refer him or her, and you can get a bonus if they’re hired!
- Feedback is part of our day to day lives. We recognize a job well done through a continuous feedback model.
- We care about a healthy work-life balance. You can count on having flexible working hours, an intensive work schedule during July and August, and one day a week where you can work from home.
- You will never stop learning with us: subsidized training, free language classes, learning capsules, an e-learning platform, and many more.
- Pack your bags! You’ll have 26 vacation days and the afternoons off on the eve of national holidays.
- Work comfortably and follow your own style, because we don’t have a dress code.
- We know how to have a good time! Monthly TGIF events, 5V, and much more!
- Never go hungry with our free daily fruit and our vending machine card!
- Take a break on our terrace, play foosball, darts, or PlayStation
- Be a part of a young, adventurous, and professional team, with people you’ll grow fond of!