Benefits of the Enhanced Ecommerce implementation
As Internet consumers, we enter hundreds of web pages every day, whether to inform us about content, receive help, training or even to buy products or services online, a concept known as e-commerce.
All these visits generate a lot of information to the owner of the page, from the channel of origin of the user to the abandonment of the final purchase or sale process through knowing all the route that the user makes during his visit to said page.
Thanks to a correct measurement of the website we can extract all this information and based on it make decisions to improve the user experience that visits us, find out what are the possible vanishing points, and how to improve our main objective that will increase the income of the company.
In articles published previously from the Making Science blog we talked about the importance of the implementation of e-commerce in Google Analytics . Closely related to this, we are going to explain to you what are the benefits of extending the measurement and going further.
We must not only rely on the final behavior of the purchase that standard ecommerce allows us, but also carry out a more detailed analysis of consumer behavior along the conversion funnel.
Google analytics with the implementation of the enhanced ecommerce plugin will allow you to access a set of reports that will facilitate the analysis of the user’s behavior in detail; visualization of the products, how the cart interacts to add or remove products, interaction with internal promotions … etc.
What improvements does the enhanced ecommerce offer us?
1. Analysis of user behavior through the following reports:
- “Shopping behavior” or “Behavior of the purchase”: this report is a funnel on the general evolution of the users since they land on the website.
- “Checkout behaviour” or “Behavior of the payment process”: it allows us to see the number of visits that reached the different steps of the conversion funnel, detect where abandonment occurs and identify possible problems in the payment process.
2.Analysis of the performance of the products in the following reports:
- “Product performance” or “Product performance”: include information on the performance of the products in terms of income, price and quantity. And on the other hand on the display and interaction of users with such products as add and remove products from the cart or complete payment processes.
- “Product list performance” or “Product list performance”: the product lists represent a logical grouping of the products of your website. It allows to see the performance of these previously defined lists.
3. Analysis of the sales performance in the following report:
- “Sales performance” or “Sales performance”: this report shows all the unique transaction identifiers, detailing the information of each transaction as income, number of items, amount of the shipment, etc. It also allows to evaluate sales by any of the two main dimensions:
Transaction (date, time and transaction ID), Date (transaction data accumulated by date)
Unlike standard ecommerce, in this report we can see the amount reimbursed for each transaction.
4. Analysis of marketing performance within our website:
- “Internal promotion” or “Internal Promotions”: include elements such as banners that can be displayed in a section of the website to advertise another section of the site. And it allows us to check the performance of these promotions.
- “Coupon” or “Coupons”: we have two independent reports that allow us to see the performance of the order and / or product coupons, based on metrics such as: income, transactions, average value, unique purchases …
- “Affiliate code” or “Affiliate Codes”: allows you to see how affiliate websites have contributed to the performance of electronic commerce.
We can access each of these reports through the ecommerce section that is installed once we activate the ecommerce within the menu conversions.
All these reports are the key pieces to optimize our conversion. Do not wait any longer and start measuring everything that happens in your ecommerce.
From Making Science we can help and support you with the whole definition, implementation and analysis process !!